Temporary pensions manager
The role of pensions manager is becoming more demanding due to the increasing complexity of pensions legislation and regulation which impact on both the strategic development and day-to-day management of pension schemes. In addition, companies are placing ever more reliance on their pensions manager. It is therefore vital that this role is maintained effectively at all times.
When might you need a pensions manager?
- When your pensions manager is on long-term sick leave or on maternity/paternity leave
- Where the role of pensions manager is being fulfilled by an executive in the company, for example, the company secretary or HR director, on a part-time basis and they are unable to dedicate enough time to the job or their pensions knowledge is limited
- When your pensions manager simply requires assistance for a limited period.
What can our Pensions Manager service do for you?
Temporarily take on the responsibilities of your pensions manager quickly, efficiently and effectively
- Be flexible and tailored to your specific needs, providing full or part-time support as required at a fixed fee
- Ensure the pension scheme operates effectively and meets service levels as well as complying with regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Manage the relationship between the employer and the trustees and work with them to ensure issues are resolved
- Provide practical and pragmatic solutions on complex or contentious issues
- Liaise with senior contacts in the trustee and legal world to discuss current issues and gain a wider perspective to assist in the optimum running of the pension scheme
- Work closely with actuarial, administration, investment and other advisers
- Maintain good relations with regulators
- Utilise our project management tools to manage all pension scheme activities and compliance requirements to ensure all deadlines are met and service quality is maintained
- Provide technical and strategic knowledge and expertise. As we are wholly owned by international law firm Pinsent Masons LLP, we have access to a comprehensive suite of research and technical material which we can make available to you, ensuring the trustees are kept up to date with the latest legislative changes and developments in pensions.