Pinsent Masons Pensions Services offers:
- independent trusteeship
- sole trusteeship
- acting as trustee chair
- acting as trustee for Group Life and Excepted Group Life schemes
How can we add value to your Trustee Board?
- An experienced, expert and independent trustee rather than a stand-alone guru.
- A cost effective, pragmatic and non-confrontational style of trusteeship.
- We are able to apply proportionate trusteeship to the size and resources of the fund.
- In-built legal skills, with the trustee having a professional qualification in trusteeship, helping to avoid the over-engineering of advice. We can distinguish genuinely important issues from the more trivial or technical.
- Practical experience of dealing with accounting, actuarial, administrative and investment issues of trusteeship. We work with rather than against professional advisers, yet still recognise when service levels are inadequate.
- A trusteeship style which is intended to balance the objective of ensuring a minimum level of personal risk to the trustee board whilst conducting the affairs of the scheme in a proportionate manner.
- Reviewing service providers to trustees and subsequently negotiating new terms and conditions, project managing the transfer of services.
- Working with co-trustees to devise investment strategies.
- Indicating to co-trustees ways of managing claims and reducing future claims from members.
- Exploring with co-trustees ways in which to reduce trustee liability to the minimum.
- Presenting complex issues to members and their representative bodies.